If you like the content you saw in the theme demo, and you would like to include it to your website, you can do so in just a few clicks.
Note: Before importing content, please make sure you installed all the plugins that are required for the theme you are using.
The traditional approach to theme demo installation
The traditional approach to theme demo installation will take a bit longer than the previous method but will give you the same results.
Before you decide to import theme demo content, you first need to download it, as a .xml file. To do so, log in to your Themes Kingdom account and click the “XML” button next to the theme demo you want to install. After theme demo download is complete, here are the steps you need to take to import demo content:
- Log in to your site’s WordPress admin panel and navigate to Tools → Import.
- To do this step, you’ll need the help of One-click Demo Importer Plugin. Install the plugin and after the installation is completed click on Activate Plugin & Run import link.
- When the plugin is opened click on the Choose file button.
- Browse your computer files to find the .xml file you previously downloaded and click on the Open button.
- Once the file is added, click on Upload file and import button.
- Select authors to assign to posts. You may choose an existing author or create a new one.
- Check the Download and import file attachments box.
- Click on the Submit button and wait for the import to finish.
WordPress will then import every post, page, custom post type, comment, and category that was included in the demo version.
What should you do after you install theme demo?
Well, it’s up to you to customize the content. We would advise you to deal with the menus first and create a Primary Menu. If you want to learn how to create a Primary menu, be sure to check out our article that covers everything you need to know about menus.