We are regularly releasing update for the themes. Updates in most cases covers bug fixes, but often contain feature improvements and critical updates related to the new WordPress version.
Update can be done two ways:
- Complete update
- Partial update
Complete update should be done when you didn’t modify any theme file, or in case when update contains too many updates that can be handled manually. Before update, you should download the latest theme version from our site, or third-party market (Theme Forest, Mojo Marketplace and such).
To update the theme, follow the next steps:
- Login into WordPress admin panel, and go to Appearance -> Themes.
- Activate default WordPress theme (TwentyFifteen or TwentySixteen).
- Click on theme that you wish to update, and click on Delete link in the bottom right corner. Confirm theme deletion.
- After theme is deleted, click on Add New button at the top of the screen.
- WordPress panel will load free themes. Click on Upload Theme button at the top of the screen.
- Browse for downloaded theme zip file on your computer. Press Install Now button to upload and install theme. It may take a while, depending from theme zip file size and your Internet connection upload speed.
- After theme is installed, you will see confirmation message. Click on Activate link to activate your theme.
Your theme is now up to date and ready for further use. Please note that after theme update it may happen that some local variables will be lost, like logo and some other theme settings, so you will need to set them again.
Partial theme update
Partial theme update should be done when you have modified theme files, and you didn’t create a child theme. Before performing partial update, please backup your whole site.
To partially update the theme:
- Download the latest theme version from Themes Kingdom website.
- Unpack theme zip file on your computer.
- Connect to your server using FTP client. For details how to connect yo your server using FTP, please contact your hosting provider.
- After you are connected, open Change Log on Themes Kingdom website.
- From unpacked theme file, upload only files listed in Change Log.
- After you are done, check your site if everything is working correctly.
In case that files in Change Log will override your changes, then you will need to convert current theme to child theme, and then to perform partial update.