Millenio is WooCommerce ready WordPress theme. Millenio combines simplicity and design with great features that will help you to boost sales.
WordPress is well-known for its ease of installation. Under most circumstances, installing WordPress is a very simple process and takes less then five minutes to complete. Many web hosts now offer tools to automatically install WordPress for you. However, we strongly recommend that you install WordPress yourself, the following guide will help http://codex.WordPress.org/Installing_WordPress.
Theme can be installed in two different ways:
- Installing through WordPress
- The Traditional installation using FTP client
Installing through WordPress
Installing a theme through WordPress is quite easy and it will take only few minutes of your time. Login into WordPress admin panel, and go to Appearance -> Themes. Click on Add New button, and then Upload from the navigation bar right below it. Click on Choose File button, and browse your computer for millenio.zip file and click Install Now. After installation is complete, click on Activate link.
Very important note if you bought the theme from Themeforest: Please do not upload the whole file you have downloaded. Browse for millenio.zip file inside WP directory, in the main file you have downloaded.
The Traditional installation using FTP client
First things first, you will need an FTP client (example FileZilla which is free, easy to use and it works on Windows, Mac and Linux) to access your web host server. Now that you have access to your WordPress installation files simply transfer your unzipped theme to your server in the ..wp-content/themes/. The only thing left to do after that is activating the theme, to do that go to your WordPress admin panel and navigate to Appearance -> Themes, search for Millenio and click Activate link right below it.
Very important note if you bought the theme from Themeforest: Please do not upload the whole file you have downloaded. Browse for millenio.zip file inside WP directory, in the main file you have downloaded. For more detailed explanation on how to install themes, visit this link.
First Steps After Theme Activation
Millenio theme uses latest post reading setting. Of course, you can set theme to display desired static page, instead of posts, but you will also need to create posts page.
Setting theme reading settings – Latest Posts landing page
Login into WordPress admin panel, and go to Settings -> Reading. Set Front page displays option to Your latest posts. Press Save Changes button in order to populate changes.
Setting theme reading settings – Static Page landing page
Login into WordPress admin panel and go to Pages – > Add New. Create new page – enter title (e.g. Home). Click on Publish button in order to populate page. Now create another new page (e.g. Blog), with Default page template, using the same method.
When you are done, go to Settings -> Reading. and set the theme to display static page. Then select previously create pages – for Front page select your desired page (e.g. Home), and for Posts page select your page with Default page template (e.g. Blog) . The page you select for your Post page will display all blog posts.
Press Save Changes button in order to populate changes.
Next important thing to do is setting your permalinks, we strongly suggest the use of pretty permalinks. Go to Setting -> Permalinks and select Post name.
Installing suggested plugins
Millenio theme comes with extra plugins. After theme activation, you will be prompted to install and/or activate those plugins.
Some plugins are required, since they adds theme functionalities. Other plugins are there to add some extra features.
- Slider Custom Post Type
- MailChimp List Subscribe Form
- Max Mega Menu
- One Click Demo Import
- TK Shortcodes
- WP Instagram Widget
- YITH WooCommerce Wishlist
JetPack is the world popular plugin that extends WordPress features. In Millenio theme is used to extend galleries feature and protection. Official documentation is available here: https://jetpack.com/support/
Kirki is plugin that enhances theme experience by adding useful elements in the customizer, like image position picker, font settings and such.
Slider Custom Post Type
Slider Custom Post Type plugin adds Slider post type to the theme.
MailChimp List Subscribe Form
MailChimp List Subscribe plugin allows you to quickly add a MailChimp signup form widget to your WordPress.
Max Mega Menu
Max Mega Menu plugin is used to create max menus – visually outstanding and more masive navigation menus. Max Menus are used to display numerous items at once in a nice way. Official documentation is available here: https://www.megamenu.com/documentation/
One Click Demo Import
This plugin will create a submenu page under Appearance with the title Import demo data. It’s used for simple and easy demo import. With this plugin theme demo will be imported and set as our live demos.
TK Shortcodes plugin will add awesome shortcodes to your theme. With them you can enrich your content and create different content layouts.
WP Instagram Widget
WP Instagram widget is a no fuss WordPress widget to showcase your latest Instagram pics. It does not require you to provide your login details or sign in. Iyt’s required in order to display footer Instagram feed.
WooCommerce is a free eCommerce plugin that allows you to sell anything. Built to integrate seamlessly with WordPress, WooCommerce is the world’s favorite eCommerce solution that gives both store owners and developers complete control.
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist
Wishlist allows visitors to “save” items for later, without adding them to the cart. Items on wishlist can be reviewed, and removed if they are no longer needed.
Importing Demo Content
Read first: Before importing content, please make sure to install all required plugins!
Traditional Demo Import
If you want your site to look like Eveny demo, you will need to import demo content.
Go to your Themes Kingdom account and click on the XML icon to download demo file.
After download is complete, you will need to import demo content:
- Login into your WordPress admin panel.
- Go to Tools -> Import.
- Click on the WordPress, install the plugin if you don’t already have it.
- When the plugin is opened click on the Choose File button.
- Select XML file you previously downloaded.
- Select authors to assign to posts. You may choose an existing author or create a new one.
- WordPress will then import each of the posts, pages, custom post types, comments, and categories contained in our demo version.
- Done! Very important thing to do after you are done with importing demo content is updating menus. To do that go to Appearance -> Menus. Select desired menu and under the Menu Settings at the bottom of the page check Primary Menu, then click Save Menu button to save changes.
For more detailed explanation how to Import demo content, visit this link.
The Customizer is great WordPress feature which allows you to customize theme and set theme options. Customization options available in The Customizer:
- Site Identity
- Header Media
- Content Options
- Homepage Settings
- Color Settings
- Theme Options
- Front Page Settings
- Font Settings
- Additional CSS
- Related Posts
Site Identity allows you to set your site logo, title, tagline and icon. Site title is the name of your site and it’s displayed in the header, where logo is displayed. Tagline is short description, or your motto, and it’s displayed just under the title.
- Logo: For logo set JPG, JPEG or PNG image.
- Logo Size: Moving slider to the left or right will increase or decrease logo size. Changes in logo size will be displayed in the preview panel.
- Site title: Name of your site. Site title is displayed only if logo is not set.
- Tagline: Site punchline. Tagline will be displayed together with logo or site title.
- Display Site Title and Tagline: If enabled, both title and tagline will be displayed in the header.
- Site Icon: The Site Icon is used as a browser and app icon for your site. Icons must be square, and at least 512px wide and tall.
Header media is default section which allows upload of video in the header.
- Header Video: Upload your video in .mp4 format and minimize its file size for best results.
- YouTube URL: Instead of uploading video, you can paste YouTube URL.
- Header Image: Click “Add new image” to upload an image file from your computer. Your theme works best with an image that matches the size of your video — you’ll be able to crop your image once you upload it for a perfect fit.
- Title: Title that will be displayed before video starts playing.
- Title Color: Color of title.
- Text: Enter short text that will be displayed with the title.
- Text Color: Color of text in the header.
This option allows you to quick manage created menus. You can select which created menu will be displayed as Primary Menu or Social Menu. If you need to manage actual menu items, you can do that in Appearance -> Menu.
Content Options allows you to turn on or off author bio on single post page.
Widgets section allows you to quickly manage widgets in widget areas. This option allows you the same possibility as Widgets option in WordPress admin panel.
This option works the same way as Settings -> Reading. It allows you to set them to read latest post or to use static pages for landing and blog page.
In Color Settings panel can be set color scheme for global elements, header, buttons and search modal.
In Header Settings can be set navigation behavior and logo position.
- Sticky header: If Enabled, the header will always appear at the top.
- Logo position: Logo can be displayed in the upper left corner, or centered.
Footer Settings have only text area. Add text to footer copyright area. HTML elements can be used for formating.
Category Filter section is used to enable or disable post category filter on archive page.
Baner is small marketing enhacment. Enter desired text, and enable it and it will be displayed just above the header. Very useful for promoting sales, new products and such. There is setting which can allow users to close the banner.
Instagram Footer Settings
Instagram feed can be displayed just above the footer in a simple, film-strip way. Instagram feed can be enabled or disabled, and Instagram username must be filled in.
MailChimp Newsletter Modal
Before using this option, make sure that you have installed and configured MailChimp plugin.
MailChimp modal is a cool feature to gather emails for email marketing campaign. If enabled, it will popup on the middle of the screen and prompt user to enter email address.
- Check to enable Mailchimp Newsletter Modal: If checked, popup will be enabled.
- Newsletter Background Image: Image that will be used as background for modal. Image size should be 512 x 600, but it’s not limited to this.
- Show modal: When modal will show – on scroll or after 15 seconds.
Front Page Settings
Slider settings control presenc of the slider and effects.
- Enable Slider section: Turn on to enable slider on the front page. Please note that this is different slider than slider on portfolio page. This slider is using items from Slider section.
- Enable fixed background image: Image will be fixed, and the page content will overflow the image.
- Number of slides to display: How many slides will be displayed.
- Choose slides category to display: Select slider category which will be used. Leave blank to use slides from all categories.
Call to Action Settings
Each call to action block can have different settings. Options that allows feature menagement:
- First Box: Bg Image: For call to action section can be set background image.
- First Box: Title: Call to action title that will be displayed on the front page.
- First Box: Subtitle / Description: Text related to call to action section. HTML formatting is accepted.
- Title & Subtitle Color: Color for call to action heading and text.
- First Box: Text Position: Position of text on the cover image.
- Call To Action Link Text: Text that will link to desired URL.
- Link Text Color: Color of text that is used for URL.
- First Box: Call To Action Link: Where previously entered text will lead.
Products Section Settings
In this panel can be managed how products will be displayed on the shop page.
- Title for section: Title for products section.
- Subtitle for section: Subtitle for products section.
- Choose type of display: How products will be displayed. In Carousel or as product grid.
- Choose product category: What product category will be displayed.
- Number of products to display: How many new products will be displayed.
Blog Section Settings
Blog section will display latest posts from desired category.
- Title for section: Title that will be displayed before posts.
- Subtitle for section: Subtitle for posts section.
- Choose blog category to display: Posts can be pulled from selected category of from all categories.
Front Page Sections Order
All sections (Call to action, Products and Blog) can be enabled or disabled, and changed their order using simpl drag&drop method. After changing the order and saving the new order, homepage layout will be updated.
In Font Settings panel can be managed font families and font weights for paragraphs, headings and navigation.
WooCommerce panel keeps settings specific for shop – layout, what products and categories will be displayed, and theme specific image sizes for the shop.
Product catalog defines how WooCommerce pages – main store page and product category pages will display products, how many and in what layout.
- Shop page display: Choose what to display on the main shop page – products, categories or both.
- Category display: Choose what to display on product category pages – products, subcategories or both.
- Default product sorting: Defines what parameter will be used for default product sorting.
Settings related to image width on shop and single product page.
- Main image width: Main product image widht, which will be used on single product page.
- Thumbnail width: Width for main product image on shop page.
- Thumbnail cropping: How thumbnail will be cropped. There are three settings: 1:1 – image will be cropped proportionally based on original dimensions; Custom – depednign from input value, cropping will use that proportion; uncropped – image will be scalled down.
Shop Header Settings
Shop Headere Settings are used to enable or disable header navigation cart and My Account option.
Shop Layout panel contain options how shop and products on the shop page will be displayed.
- Choose Layout Type: Products can be displayed in regular grid or in masonry layout. In Regular grid images are the same size, while in masonry images are proportionally scalled.
- Shop widget area type: How sidebar with widgets will be displayed – as classic sidebar or as popup.
- Choose Shop Sidebar: What sidebar area will be used for the shop.
- Number Of Product Columns: In how many columns products will be displayed.
- Number Of Columns for Categories: Number of columns on product category page.
- Enable “Quick view” product: If enabled, products can be viewed in “Quick View” mode – as modal window with basic information.
- Enter number of products to display on shop page: How many products will be displayed on the shop page.
Shop Search Options
If enabeld, search will search only products. Otherwise, everything will be included in the search.
In Additional CSS section can be entered any custom CSS definition without need to create child theme.
Millenio theme comes with one default menu location – primary menu.
The Primary menu is located in theme’s header area. This menu can contain custom links, pages, categories, tags, or posts.
Creating Primary menu
Login into WordPress admin panel and go to Appearance -> Menus. Click on Create a new menu link. Enter name for your menu(e.g. Primary), and press Create Menu button. Your new menu is created. Now you can add your pages, posts, categories, tags and links to the menu. When you are done check option Primary Menu and press Save Menu button.
- Click on “create new menu” to add new menu.
- Here you should define a name for your menu, after that click on the Create Menu button right next to it.
- Select pages you want to add to your menu. When you are done with selecting pages, click on Add to menu button below. You can also add custom links, posts, categories etc. as you can see in the panels below.
- If you want to customize or delete menu item, click on the arrow icon in the top right corner of the menu box to expand it. Inside you will find:
- This menu editor allows you to create multi-level menus. To do that simply hold your left mouse button and drag desired menu items left or right. Dragging menu items slightly to the right will make them sub-menus for the menu item that is above them. You can also change the order of appearance of menu items by dragging them up or down. Remember to save the changes when you are done with editing (No4).
- Set “Primary Menu” check box to checked if you want this to be your primary menu.
Widgets are used to add content and features to your sidebar and footer. There are default WordPpress widgets and and custom widgets that come with the theme. Adding and removing widgets is quite easy, just follow the instructions below:
Login into your WordPpress admin panel and navigate to Appearance -> Widgets.
- Choose a widget you would like to use, and drag it into the sidebar to right (shown in No 3). Widgets will become active after a page refresh.
- Widget area where you place desired widgets.
- You can add, remove or customize widgets in widget areas. To do that click on the arrow icon in the top right corner of the widget box to expand it. You can also change the order of appearance by simply dragging widgets up and down.
Millenio theme have three widget areas – default sidebar, and two footer widget areas.
If you have installed JetPack plugin, and enabled Widget Visibility, you will be able to set widget visibility depending from post or page. Visibility works in simple if or if not logic. This means that you can set widget to be visible if some condition is, or if it’s not matched. Widget visibility options will be displayed as part of the widget.
Show widget only on contact page: Select from dropdown Show only, and then from list check box near your contact page. Save changes. This way widget will be displayed only on contact page.
Hide widget only on contact page: Select from dropdown Hide, and then from list check box near your contact page. Save changes. This way widget will be hidden only on contact page.
Millenio theme comes with several different post formats: Standard, Gallery, Video, Quote and Link.
- Post title: Name of your post. It will be displayed on the front end.
- Post content: Content of your post – text, images, shortcodes and other.
- Publish: Publish options. You can set custom date and time for publishing your post, and set post status – draft, in review or published.
- Post formats: Different post formats will display content in different way. You can choose one of the following post formats:
- Category: Each post in WordPress is filed under one or more categories. This aids in navigation and allows posts to be grouped with others of similar content.
- Tags: Tags are words that allows you to organize posts by similar content.
- Set featured image: Featured image will be used as cover image on front end.
Standard post format
Standard post format is the most common format, and it can be used for different purposes. In Standard post format, featured image will be displayed above the title and post content.
Gallery post format
Gallery post format allows you to set several images which will be displayed as slideshow on the single post page. After selection Gallery format, additional Gallery Fields will be displayed. You can add additional Gallery images fileds, so you can upload desired images. Featured image will be used as cover image on the front page, while additional images will be displayed as slideshow on single post page.
Video post format
Video post format allows you to easily add video to your post. After selecting Video format, additional Video Options panel will be displayed below editor area. Here you can paste URL to your video (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo…). Player with your video will be displayed above the post title and content.
Pages are for content such as About, Contact, etc. Pages live outside of the normal blog chronology, and are often used to present timeless information about yourself or your site — information that is always applicable. You can use Pages to organize and manage any content.
Millenio theme uses different page templates to display different information. Included page templates:
- Default Template – Default Template is multipurpose page template, without any special property.
- Front Page Tempalte – Page Template that is used to display sections that can be managed in the customizer. It can not be used to display any other static content.
Slider section is used for creating slides. Slides are displayed on the landing page. Slider on the landing page is different than slider on Portfolio page which is using portfolio items as slides.
- Slider title: Name of the slider which will also be displayed on the front page.
- Slider content: Text that will be displayed on the slider.
- Headline font size: Title font size.
- Headline URL: Link where headline will point.
- Headline color: Headline text color.
- Headline hover color: Headline color on hover event.
- Text color: Content text color.
- Text alignment: Position of the text. It can be center, left or right.
- Once you click update/publish, your slider will be published.
- Slider Categories: Slides can be organized into categories for better organization.
- Featured Image: Featured image is used as cover image in the slider.
If you need additional assistance for this theme, please submit a ticket in our support system.